Glacial Acetic acid
Acetic acid, also known as acetic acid (36% – 38%), glacial acetic acid (98%), chemical formula CH3COOH, is an organic monobasic acid, which is the main component of vinegar. Pure anhydrous acetic acid (glacial acetic acid) is a colorless hygroscopic solid with a freezing point of 16.6 ° C (62 ° F). It is colorless crystal after solidification. It is weakly acidic and highly corrosive in aqueous solution. Steam has eyes and nose. Irritating effect.
More About Glacial acetic acid ：
Traits: Colorless liquid
Melting point: 16.2 ℃
|Acetic acid content %||99.8||99.0||98.0|
|Formic acid content%≤||0.06||0.15||0.35|
|Evaporation residue% ≤||0.1||0.2||0.3|
Use Of Glacial acetic acid:
- Mainly used for preparing acetic anhydride, vinyl acetate, acetate, metal acetate, chloroacetic acid, cellulose acetate, etc., also used as solvent
- It is used for the synthesis of vinyl acetate, acetate, acetate, metal acetate and halogenated acetic acid. It is also an important raw material for pharmaceuticals, dyes, pesticides and organic synthesis.
- Often used as analytical reagents, general-purpose solvents and non-aqueous solvent and chromatography reagents, also used in organic synthesis
- Used as analytical reagents, solvents and immersion agents
- As a sour agent, it can be used in compound seasonings, vinegar, canned food, jelly and cheese. It can be used according to the production needs. It can also be used as a flavoring agent for fragrant wine, and the amount used is 0.1-0.3 g/kg.
- Acetic acid is a bulk chemical product and one of the most important organic acids. Mainly used in the production of vinyl acetate, acetic anhydride, acetate and cellulose acetate. Polyvinyl acetate can be used to prepare films and adhesives, and is also a raw material for synthetic fiber vinylon. Acetate fiber can be used to make rayon and film. Acetate is an excellent solvent and is widely used in the paint industry. Acetic acid can also be used to synthesize acetic anhydride, diethyl malonate, ethyl acetoacetate, haloacetic acid, etc., and can also be used to manufacture drugs such as aspirin, and can also be used to produce acetate. It is widely used in pesticides, pharmaceuticals and dyes, photographic drug manufacturing, textile printing and rubber industries.
- In the food industry, acetic acid is used as an acidulant, flavoring agent and fragrance. When making vinegar, the acetic acid is diluted with water to a concentration of 4 to 5%, and various flavoring agents are added to obtain edible vinegar. As a sour agent, it can be used to adjust beverages, cans, etc., such as tomatoes, asparagus, baby food, sardines, squid, etc., and can make soft drinks, cold drinks, sweets, baked goods, puddings, gums, etc. Seasonings, etc.
- Acetic acid has the function of a preservative. 1.5% has obvious antibacterial effect. Within 3% range, it can avoid the black and black of the meat color caused by mildew.
Package Of Glacial acetic acid:
25kg/drum or 200kg/drum
Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat. The storage temperature should be kept above 16 °C during the freezing season to prevent solidification. Keep the container sealed. It should be stored separately from oxidants and alkalis, and should not be mixed. Explosion-proof lighting and ventilation facilities are used. It is forbidden to use mechanical equipment and tools that are prone to sparks. The storage area should be equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment and suitable containment materials.