Itaconic acid is colorless crystal, Soluble in water, ethanol and acetone, slightly soluble in chloroform, benzene and ether.
CAS NO.: 97-65-4
Molecular formula: C5H6O4
Appearance: White crystal
Purity: 99.5 Min.
Molecular weight: 130.1
EINECS NO.: 202-599-6
|Purity, %||99.5% Min.|
|Loss on drying, %||0.3% Max|
|Residue on ignition, %||0.01%Max.|
Use Of Itaconic acid:
- Itaconic acid and its polymers can be made into effective deodorant by adding a little natural substance, they can react with alkaline or acidic odor such as ammonium, amine, and hydrogen sulfide .They can also be utilized in paper and plastic thin film with deodoring function.
- Itaconic acid can copolymerize with styrene and butadiene to prepare SBR latex which is widely used in paper coatings, metal and concrete paint. It is used in paints to improve quality and used as fiber carpet sizing agent to make carpet more endurable.
- Itaconic acid can react with acrylic and methacrylic acid or their esters to prepare resins which can be widely used in emulsion coating, leather coating, coatings for car, refrigerator and other electrical appliances to improve adhesion, color and weather resistance. They are also used in eletroporetical coating with excellent adhesion, in dental binder with the help of meta oxides. With chloroalkyl dimethyl benzylammonium chloride added, they can be used to prepare water soluble coating for food packaging to reduce bacteria contamination.
- Esters of itaconic acid can be used in paint, ion-exchange resin, lubricant, binder, plasticizer, sealant and molding plastics.
- Some other itaconic acid derivatives are used in medicine, cosmetics, lubricant, thickener, herbcide and wool modifier.
Package of Itaconic acid:
Storage: Stored in a dry, ventilated environment.
There are no reviews yet.